Quality Technician - Metrology Technician (2nd Shift 2:00 -10:30)
Wheeling, IL 60090 US
Job Title: Metrology Technician - 2nd shift 2pm-10:30pm
Pay Range: $25-$33 per hour depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
We are seeking a Metrology Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing assigned projects to ensure continuous production and distribution of products consistent with established standards. The Metrology Technician will perform inspection and maintenance of gauges and fixtures, as well as dimensional and functional inspection per Sample Requests, Validation Protocols, and Work instructions. The Metrology Technician will support the Measurement System Engineer in development and implementation through completion of new and improved existing methods of measurement.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Support and maintain all policies of the company including but not limited to ISO Standards, Health and Safety Requirements, Continuous Improvement as well as standard work procedures.
- Perform inspection and maintenance of gauges and fixtures.
- Perform dimensional and functional inspection per Sample Requests, Validation Protocols, Work instructions, and special requests from customers.
- Support Measurement System Engineer in development and implementation through completion of new and improved existing methods of measurement.
- Perform training for inspectors and operators to use developed automated and manual measurement techniques, measuring machines, gauges, and fixtures.
- Maintain weekly accuracy verification of Optical Comparators, Optical Gauging Product Optical Machine, and CMM.
- Perform programming and maintenance of VSPC software.
- Perform start-up measurement, first piece inspection, and validation of molded parts and assemblies.
- Perform Gage R&R and Correlation Study inspection and validation of molded parts and assemblies during a process of measurement method development.
- Perform Shrinkage Study for new and existing components.
- Execute specific responsibilities as defined within the company quality operating system.
- Assist Metrology manager and Measurement System Engineer in coordinating and executing objectives in cooperation with other departments, to maximize product quality and minimize cost.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Position Requirements/Knowledge/Skills:
- 2 years of college in a related field or 3 years in related technology.
- Experience with basic measuring instruments (calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, and microscope).
- Able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic understanding of statistical methods in Quality Assurance.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
The Metrology Technician will work in an office and clean room environment that may include moderate noise levels and require appropriate PPE and cleanroom apparel.
If you are a detail-oriented individual with a passion for quality assurance and measurement, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.