Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 47840 YEAR true
Quality Technician / Inspector
Niles, IL 60714 US
2023-03-07 2023-05-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Ms72792889 Compensation: 47840
Title: Quality Technician
Location: Niles, Illinois
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The responsibility of the Quality Technician is to inspect mechanical and electrical components of consumer products to ensure product quality meets or exceeds the expectations of our customers.
- Perform incoming inspections on mechanical and electrical components, as well as finished goods from suppliers to determine accuracy of intended design.
- Package and label items to ensure proper placement in inventory.
- Read and interpret design drawings/blueprints to measure required increments for length, width, hole placement etc.
- Identify non-conformances and separate materials that do not meet required quality standards.
- Investigate discrepancies and document findings into the company database for review.
- A minimum of 1 year of full time related experience in Quality Control, audits and Inspections of mechanical and electrical products/features.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be accepted.
- Must have a good understanding of electrical wiring and basic electrical concepts.
- Able to read/understand engineering drawings and basic geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Able to use common types of measurement devices such as calipers, hole gages, micrometers, etc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information