Quality Technician - Incoming & Batch Release Quality Inspector
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 US
Job Title: Lead Quality Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range:$24-$28 per hour depending on experience
Our company is currently seeking a highly motivated Lead Quality Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Operational Quality Manager in coordinating and executing objectives throughout the company in cooperation with other Lead Quality Technicians to maximize product quality and operating system efficiency/effectiveness to minimize costs.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of Quality Inspectors engaged in the evaluation of goods.
- Perform all the functional duties and responsibilities of the Quality Inspector.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders and other records and reports, in order to determine resource requirements.
- Review data and documentation for accuracy and correctness and ensure processing is performed within established time expectations.
- Analyze statistical data to determine adequacy of present standards and establish quality plans.
- Assist in the oversight of nonconforming product during the production stage.
- Ensure all in-process and start-up requirements are met with respect to LRP and usage decision, consult with Operational Quality Manager for discrepancies.
- Prepare necessary quality and safety reports.
- Consult with management and staff to address work related issues/complaints with support of Operational Quality Manager and Quality Engineer.
- Observe work performed by Quality Inspectors to ensure staff conforms to quality system standards.
- Participate in investigations regarding customer complaints.
- Utilize problem solving techniques to reduce internal and external failures.
- Provide training as needed for the QC department.
- Executes specific responsibilities as defined within the company quality system.
- Supports and maintains all policies of the company including but not limited to applicable FDA regulatory and ISO requirements, Health and Safety Requirements and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure they maintain or exceed company and/or department performance expectations.
- Provide feedback and performance information to Quality Managers to assist in their preparation of Performance Reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or minimum of 3 years related work experience with one of those years in a leadership role.
- Must be able to perform all quality inspector functional job responsibilities.
- Good working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, costs, and other techniques to maximize effectiveness.
- Knowledge of inspection tools, use, and maintenance of those tools required.
- Must be self-directed and demonstrate skills in planning and organizing.
We offer a competitive salary package, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive work environment. If you meet the requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application today!