Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 100000 YEAR true
Huntley, IL 60142 US
2023-03-07 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Quality Engineering Job Number: Jt85430537 Compensation: 100000
Title: Quality Supervisor
Location: Huntley, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $90-$110k per year depending on experience
The Quality Supervisor manages and implements the quality assurance and control systems to ensure the proper execution of products and customer satisfaction.
• Manages the productivity, efficiency, and quality of the Inspection team;
• Performs management functions, including but not limited to, employment, termination, training and performance evaluations;
• Provides leadership and guidance to team members. Provides daily direction and support to team members through coaching and continuous feedback;
• Assists in monitoring the Inspection team’s compliance/adherence of all company policies and safety rules. Product Inspection
• Reviews, understands, and follows the control plan (incoming, daily, RMA inspection);
• Manages and monitors product quality, provides feedback to management team and records results;
• Manages the inspection procedures/standards according to individual operations; including instructions, drawings, methods, tools, and gauges;
• Monitors the production process, collects and manages inspection data;
• Maintains effective work instructions and operating procedures for inspection, operations and quality assurance per ISO requirements;
• Verifies all production processes are set up correctly. Provides solutions and collaborates appropriately to resolve issues;
• Coordinates product testing inspection processes;
• Inspects, reviews, and provides statistical data as requested on the material received from suppliers;
• Performs final inspections and approves samples, first articles, and prototype jobs;
• Manages the calibration of all gauges and inspection equipment, while maintaining the calibrated records;
• Collaborates with Engineering team to ensure proper and effective processes, and resolves issues quickly;
• Collaborates with all production supervisors in the accomplishment of support, scheduling, effective resolution of issues, and throughput improvement objectives in the manufacturing process;
• Prepares Certificates of Compliance, first articles, and inspection reports for customers as requested;
• Quarantines suspect or defective products, including all non-conforming and RMA products;
• Provides analysis/reports of quarantined products to management and resolves the issues to reduce repeat errors.
• Maintains, controls, and manages the Quality Management System for the Company;
• Facilitates ISO certification by developing processes to meet or exceed standards;
• Reviews and manages the documents and records related to quality, manufacturing, and other policies and procedures to verify compliance;
• Communicates quality standards and parameters to Quality Assurance team, product development team, and other appropriate team members;
• Schedules and conducts internal audits;
• Maintains internal audit reports and communicates gaps/findings to audited departments, including the corrective actions necessary;
• Manages and hosts customer and third-party certifying body plant visits/audits and lead all internal audits;
• Leads internal Quality Assurance meetings to identify, monitor and resolve company and customer related issues.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Meticulous attention to detail;
2. Good written and verbal communication skills;
3. Proven strong math skills, including statistical knowledge;
4. Proven ability to read and understand blueprints and make simple drawings;
5. Proven working knowledge of how to use all inspection equipment and terminology;
6. Proven effective working knowledge of quality control concepts. Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required;
2. Previous Mechanical engineering background strongly preferred;
3. At least 3 years previous production line experience preferred;
4. At least 3 years previous team lead or Supervisory experience required;
5. Knowledge of quality engineering processes and familiarity with Lean manufacturing and other related quality processes such as ISO9001, AS9110, Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.