Wabash, IN 46970 US
Title: Quality Manager
Location: Near Wabash, IN
Overview: Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire, benefits from day 1 w/almost 100% coverage!
Job Summary: Responsible for the design, implementation, and coordination of all Quality Management Systems program for assigned plant(s). Establish and maintain quality surveillance programs in accordance with contract requirements, standards, and best practices.
- Daily management of the QA team
- Diagnose problems and offer suggestions for fixes
- Manage QMS to make sure the building and operations are up to code
- Observe daily QMS operations and report quality issues with important stakeholders
- Implement corrective measures with the design team to enhance the process and final result
- Manage quality in conjunction with the supplier team, and take charge of vendor communication
- Collaborate with program teams to launch products on time
- Contribute to and aid in creating a quality control plan
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing a QMS
- Experience with manufacturing and production processes and principles
- Experience problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with internal and external customers
- Statistical analysis and quality assurance skills
- Understanding of ISO 9001 or AAR-M1003 standards and practices
- Experience in auditing and equipment inspection preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information