Pewaukee, WI 53072 US
Overview: Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S
Title: Quality Manager
Location: Pewaukee, WI area
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Oversee ISO 9001:2015 & ISO/IEC 80079-34; building into processes/procedures and enforcing.
- Manage the organization's sustainability programs. Lead analysis and collaborate with leadership to develop corporate sustainability strategies to ensure that business practices, products, and services are environmentally friendly and compliant with government rules and regulations.
- Promote and explain the organization's sustainability philosophy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Directly supervise and lead Quality personnel and Shipping & Receiving personnel.
- As the responsible party, work with internal stakeholders and suppliers in the investigation, technical approach and solution of non-conformances, corrective action, and other quality challenges.
- Support new product launches (APQP/PPAPs).
- Lead registrar, internal, supplier and customer audits and meetings.
- Direct integration of technical activities and products.
- Support new product launches, scale up and continuous improvements throughout production lines installation and qualifications.
- Lead Root Cause analysis activities, FMEA’s, Flows, Control Plans, other Quality activities, as well as sustaining Engineering solutions.
- Analyze cell dashboards and quality reporting; make suggestions for areas of improvement.
- Lead continuous improvement projects.
- Actively participate in strategic capital/process decisions and correlation with 1-page business plan.
- 5 years of leadership experience in Quality
- Firm understanding of ISO 9000; IATF 16949 preferred
- Six Sigma knowledge; Green or Black Belt certification preferred
- ISO/TS Auditor certification or related experience
- Solid knowledge in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Design for Manufacturing (DFMA) methodology, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), quality measurement and inspection
- A strong background in manufacturing and supplier quality capabilities
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of different materials (metals, plastics, etc), as well as coatings/finishes and hardware.
- Good working knowledge of different manufacturing process capabilities; CNC, injection molding, welding, milling, etc
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Develop, establish, and implement long-range and short-term strategies and operating policies to achieve established quality and sustainability goals and objectives.