Wheeling, IL 60090 US
Sterling, a Best of Staffing company, is seeking experienced Quality Inspectors to join our team around Wheeling, IL. As a Quality Inspector, you will be responsible for inspecting, testing, sampling, measuring, or weighing processed or assembled parts or products for defects per specifications. The ideal candidate will possess at least 1 year of experience within the quality profession and an associate degree is preferred.
- Inspect, test, sample, measure, or weigh processed or assembled parts or products for defects per specifications.
- Evaluate compliance using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with specifications, operating procedures, or standards.
- Assist the Quality Lead and Operational Quality Manager in coordinating and executing objectives throughout the company in cooperation with other employees, to maximize product quality and operating system efficiency/effectiveness to minimize costs.
- Support and comply with all policies of the company including but not limited to cGMP, ISO Standards, Health and Safety Requirements and Continuous Improvement as well as standard work procedures.
- Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Write nonconformance, rework instruction and deviation reports.
- Minimum 1 year of experience within the quality profession.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to use gauges, inspection fixtures, and leak testing equipment.
- Ability to use software productivity tools such as Statistical Process Control.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to stand 75% of the shift.
- Self-directed and possess excellent communication, oral, and written skills.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, costs, and other techniques to maximize effectiveness.
- Basic computer skills.
- Office and clean room environment that may include moderate noise levels and required appropriate PPE and cleanroom apparel.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $19-$24 per hour depending on experience
- 2 on days, 2 on nights, 12-hour shifts
- 2/2/3 rotation or Sun-Thur 8 hour shifts. Mon-Friday 8 hour shifts
Join our team and take advantage of exciting work opportunities with exceptional employers across the U.S. Apply today and take the next step in your career with Sterling!