Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 20 28 HOUR true
Location: Bensenville, IL
Bensenville, IL 60106 US
2023-05-02 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Quality Inspection Job Number: IT209366551 Compensation: $20-28 / hour
Title: Quality Inspector
Location: Bensenville, IL
Hire Type: Contract to Hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
- Inspect parts to ensure customer requirements and job specifications are within tolerance.
- Utilize our inspection equipment, tools and gages including our CNC Height Gages and WM Series CMM.
- Interface with customers as needed to build knowledge of specific customer requirements.
- Prioritize daily inspection workload with the Value Stream Leaders and Quality Manager.
- Manage QC discrepancies and responsible for communication of the part issues with the Value Stream Leaders, Production Support, and Production Team Members that completed the operations in question.
- Overall responsibility for processing internal, supplier and customer returns, including decisions to repair or replace/remake in consultation with Value Stream Leaders and Project Engineers.
- Documents internal “kickbacks” in M1 and communicate QC issue with Production Management and Engineering.
- Support improvement activities related to quality trends, repeated problems, root causes, etc. Take actions to improve worker capability and performance .
- Perform required inspection tool calibrations per schedule.
- Understand blueprints and compare parts to print
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and how to use i t
- Understandings the tolerances and how to achieve them
- Knowledge of quality level expected from each customer
- Ability to lift 50lbs
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.