Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 21.50 HOUR true
Quality Inspector - (Sun - Thur 3rd Shift)
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 US
2023-03-27 2023-05-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: CD7688089315 Compensation: 21.50
Title: Quality Inspector - 3rd shift - Sun- Thur 11pm-7am
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $18-$24 per hour depending on experience
- The Quality Inspector is responsible for inspecting, testing, sampling, measuring or weighing processed or assembled parts or products for defects per specifications. Evaluate compliance using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with specifications, operating procedures or standards.
- Assists the Quality Lead and Production Quality Manager in coordinating and executing objectives throughout the company in cooperation with other employees, to maximize product quality and operating system efficiency/effectiveness to minimize costs.
- Support and comply with all policies of the company including but not limited to cGMP, ISO Standards, Health and Safety Requirements and Continuous Improvement as well as standard work procedures.
- Read and interpret part drawings, data, manuals and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and setting procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas and measuring instruments required.
- Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine test results.
- Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
- Perform lot documentation review and approval to ensure compliance to procedures and good documentation practices.
- Reject products and materials, not meeting specifications.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Inspect test, or measure materials, products, and work for conformance to specifications.
- Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, micrometers, force gages, CMM and optical gaging machines.
- Perform other duties as required
- Write nonconformance, rework instruction and deviation reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred/Required Education/Skills:
- Minimum one (1) year of experience within the quality profession
- Associate degree preferred
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use gauges, inspection fixtures and leak testing equipment.
- Must be self-directed and possess excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to use software productivity tools such as Statistical Process Control.
- Working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, costs and other techniques to maximize the effective manufacture and distribution of product.
- Basic computer skills
- Good understanding of the English language
- Work Environment:
- Production environment
- Must be able to stand 75% of shift time
- Able to lift 30 lbs
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.