Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 95000 YEAR true
Quality Improvement Engineer
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 US
2023-03-09 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Quality Engineering Job Number: PR86813739 Compensation: 95000
Title: Quality Improvement Engineer
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $80-$105k per year depending on experience.
- The Quality Engineer is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing through completion, assigned projects to ensure the development and production of products meets customer and internal quality deliverables. Coordinate and lead investigations regarding customer complaints. Work with Supply Chain management to evaluate and manage supplier performance. Duties and responsibilities are accomplished personally or through collaboration with other staff.
- Assists the Quality Manager in coordinating and executing objectives throughout the company in cooperation with other departments, to maximize product quality and operating system efficiency/effectiveness while minimizing cost
- Identify and coordinate resolution of system inefficiencies that contribute to increased quality costs.
- Coordinate and manage the execution of validations and creation of written protocols.
- Coordinate and manage the execution of change control activities.
- Assess results of Customer Complaint investigations and Corrective Actions for application, validity and conformance to FDA regulatory, QSR, ISO and Customer requirements.
- Utilize CAPA problem solving techniques to reduce internal and external failures, selects sound techniques (FMEA, Design of Experiments, Cause and Effect, Flow Charts, SPC) to solve problems effectively, and assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications.
- Develop and analyze statistical data in relationship to assigned tasks to determine adequacy of present standards and establish proposed quality improvements, including analysis of current inspection methods and sample plans.
- Evaluate compliance using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with specifications, operating procedures or standards.
- Develop product specifications for existing products and assess existing specifications for accuracy and compliance.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage assigned Supplier Quality evaluations through scheduling and auditing of suppliers.
- Interact with suppliers and ensures mutual interpretation of specified requirements to make certain customer requirements and objectives are met.
- Support implementation and management of quality agreements with assigned suppliers.
- Plan, promote, perform and organize training activities for internal departments related to quality activities, including basic statistics, DOE, GR&R and Sample Plan designation.
- Interact with customers to assure mutual interpretation of specified requirements to ensure fulfilment of customer requirements and objectives are met.
- Assist the Quality Managers during customer audits and lead to final resolution any findings/observations resulting from the audits.
- Assist in maintaining ISO and FDA QSR quality systems compliance.
- Execute specific responsibilities as defined within the company quality operating system.
- Support and maintain all policies of the company, including but not limited to applicable FDA regulatory and ISO requirements, Health and Safety Requirements and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Identify and complete continuous improvement projects utilizing Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related field.
- 3+ years' of experience in a Quality position preferred.
- Experience in the Medical Device industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand, read, write and speak English required.
- Must have the ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and intermediate statistical (SPC) knowledge.
- Six-sigma experience, training or certification preferred.
- Intermediate level computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently from verbal and/or written instructions required.
- Ability to understand and articulate how individual role and responsibilities tie into Quality department function, goals and objectives
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.