Decatur, AL 35603 US
This is a direct-hire career opportunity with a nationwide manufacturer of electrical distribution components located just outside of Decatur, Alabama (about 1 hour north of Birmingham).
This position will be responsible for managing, supporting, and implementing quality systems, compliance, and improvement projects onsite at the manufacturing facility.
- Identifies, initiates, and manages quality improvement engineering projects and solves quality related engineering problems in the facility as required.
- Manages facility key quality performance indicators to help drive project priorities.
- Facilitates compliance to UL and other applicable specifications and standards. Includes management of lab facilities, test equipment, calibration, etc.
- Conducts product and process testing, evaluation, and studies as required.
- Processes and reports on customer return material. Leads and works with local team to investigate root cause of defects and implement corrective/preventive actions as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field is preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in quality assurance within a manufacturing environment.