Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 80000 90000 YEAR true
Chilhowie, VA 24319 US
2023-04-20 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Quality Engineering Job Number: It332994324 Compensation: $80000-90000 / year
Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Chilhowie, VA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
The Quality Engineer develops, implements and manages quality control systems. This position will apply and analyze testing and inspection procedures and use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality practices. The Quality Engineer fulfills the role of hands-on quality expert and supports the Quality Manager in the performance of his/her duties. Position may be a 12h shift rotation or 8h shift rotation, depending on area of responsibility. Area of responsibility and/or shift assignment may change temporarily in support of Cross Training. Quality Manager will serve as backup to this position.
- Collaborate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering and Production to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers.
- Develop Customer reports.
- Provide quality engineering support to other functions, ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerance, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Develop validation protocols and documentation requirements. Lead or oversee validations as required.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Lead Pre-Production trial runs at supplier sites for qualification of new tooling and process equipment
- Lead or participate in internal material or equipment trials and scale ups.
- Source or develop and onboard next generation quality testing equipment.
- Lead or participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) as required.
- Assist Operations in the development of Control Plans. Maintain Control Plan Process FMEAs and Product FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Facilitate use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Perform Internal Audits as required. Support the Food Safety Management System as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or related Engineering field.
- ASQ Certification preferred
- Work Experience and/or Skills: • Intermediate to advanced skills with Minitab Statistical Software, MS Excel (especially Analysis ToolPack add in), MS Access and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience in Food Safety Management System and ISO 9000 certified Quality Management Systems.
- Previous Supervisory experience within Quality or Manufacturing.
- Fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems and professional ethics.
- Fundamental understanding of quality systems and their development, documentation and implementation to domestic and international standards or requirements.
- Basic understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up.
- Ability to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.