Quality Control Scientist
Piscataway, NJ 08854 US
Title: Quality Control Scientist IV
Location: Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
- The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the execution and review of HPLC/UPLC assays for release and stability purposes in a GMP-compliant Quality Control laboratory. Other QC testing, including electrophoresis and general methods related to the biopharmaceutical industry may also be performed.
- Independently write experiment summaries, laboratory investigations, technical reports, operation and test method procedure documents, and review documents comprising, but not limited standard operating procedures, standard test methods, validation protocols and reports.
Potential to validate new chromatography methods using literature references and scientific principles. Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations, foster morale and teamwork.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biophysical/biochemical sciences, Pharmaceutical sciences with at least 10 years industry experience or Master’s degree in Biotechnology, or Biology with at least 8 years experience.
- Experience with a wide variety of HPLC and UPLC techniques including RP-HPLC, SEC, HIC, IEX, and peptide mapping at a minimum
- Experience in the isolation and enrichment of product-and process-related impurities. Demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Experience in conducting laboratory investigations (OOS, atypical results) in a GMP environment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information #NS