Miles City, MT 59301 US
Title: Quality Manager
Location: Miles City, Montann (Relocation Offered)
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- The primary responsibility of the position is to ensure a quality product.
- This shall be done by ensuring that the product produced, and the work performed meets all customer, company, industry and regulatory requirements.
- The adherence to these requirements will be verified by auditing of employees, processes, and product as well as establishing, promoting and enforcing systems to measure quality (metrics).
- The metrics will be analyzed to determine trends and problematic areas requiring improvement/correction. The incumbent is then required to initiate and follow-up on areas requiring corrective measures with appropriate solutions.
- Primary responsibilities and/or essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures the repair facility's quality assurance program and repair practices meet all regulatory requirements.
- Ensures product quality at the assigned facility meets all customers, company, industry, and regulatory requirements.
- Implements and manages processes to measure quality and implement corrective actions for continuous improvement based on data provided, procedures and policies.
- Develops and trains personnel on quality assurance, special process, and work instruction procedures.
- Trains supervisor further in quality processes so they can continue to promote quality to improve plant operations.
- Conducts internal audits of the facility to ensure compliance with company, customer and regulatory requirements and serves as audit liaison and response coordinator for customers, AAR, and FRA audits.
- Ensures AAR M1003 quality assurance and AAR M1002 facility certification programs are current and meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience or knowledge with M-1002 and M-1003
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in tank car repair or manufacturing with knowledge of AAR and FRA regulations.
- AWS-CWI certification is a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sabrina Herrera is a seasoned Technical Recruiter with a knack for establishing genuine connections with candidates and continuously expanding her expertise in various roles and industries. With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and an impressive 15-year journey in the recruiting arena, Sabrina has become a respected figure in talent acquisition.
As a Technical Recruiter, Sabrina's ability to build strong relationships with candidates sets her apart. She values the opportunity to understand each individual's unique strengths, aspirations, and career goals, ensuring she can guide them toward the most suitable and fulfilling opportunities.
Having spent 15 years in the recruiting domain, Sabrina's experience spans diverse industries and roles. She embraces the challenges of exploring new fields, consistently striving to expand her knowledge and expertise. Her dedication to continuous learning allows her to stay at the forefront of emerging trends and best practices in the recruitment landscape.
Sabrina advises fellow professionals to cultivate a curious mindset and actively seek new challenges and projects that push the boundaries of their abilities. Embracing the unknown and venturing into uncharted territories can lead to personal and professional growth, ultimately elevating one's effectiveness in the field of recruitment.