Chicago, IL 60606 US
Title: Quality Assurance Analyst Manual Tester
Duration: 2-month contract
I am seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology service with my clients organization.
• Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements.
• Write test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems.
• Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new development and enhancements.
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine application quality.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes.
• Analyze test results to discover and report on defects.
• Work with the business community to plan and execute UAT.
• Assist in environment setup and management in preparation for test execution.
• Four-year college degree or extensive experience in application test planning and execution for enterprise application.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
• 3/5+ years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies. Extensive experience with core software applications.
• Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
• Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
• Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience with communication tools like MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint.
• Comfortable with test planning and tracking tools
At Sterling, our employees are a cornerstone in providing clients with innovative engineering and recruitment services. Unparalleled benefits make Sterling stand out in any industry, and our recruiters are always available to network with top talent.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.