Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 75000 YEAR true
Northlake, IL 60164 US
2023-03-14 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Supply Chain Job Number: IT6741631310 Compensation: 75000
Title: Purchasing Specialist
Location: Northlake, IL
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
- Responsible for negotiating, executing and controlling supplier contracts and supplier agreements for your assigned location.
- Responsible for supplier audits annually (travel required as needed).
- Responsible for maintaining the electronic supplier SCORE Card for all raw material suppliers.
- Design and implement various cost effective strategies of purchased materials.
- Monitor costs of purchase materials, benchmark with other sites and ensure achievement of all targets.
- Liaise with internal managers and outside vendors to anticipate their demand for goods and materials.
- Evaluate current and alternative sources of supply.
- Monitor inventory levels; place or release orders as required.
- Procure all outside piece parts.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years related experience and/or training, including supervision of others.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment within the Packaging and/or Plastic Industry is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven Experience with MRP and ERP software systems.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.