Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 62.50 HOUR true
Safford, AZ 85546 US
2023-03-16 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: CG1421419131 Compensation: 62.50
Job Title: Lead Project Scheduler
Location: Safford, Arizona
Hire Type: Contract to Hire
• Under minimal supervision, provides Scheduling support as well as technical advice and guidance for designated capital projects including but not limited to Project Management, Construction Management, Estimating, Cost Control, Scheduling, Risk Management, and Project/Portfolio Reporting.
• Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all schedule information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations.
• Understands construction methodology and can identify potential issues and impacts to propose corrective actions.
• Working closely with Project Management, Engineering Management, Design Engineer as well as other technical leads to capture schedule activity and logic detail.
• Preparing and maintaining integrated Critical Path Method schedule detail in a dynamic environment which includes multiple internal and external participants.
• Compiling and present scheduling data in a concise format to facilitate affective communication between various project team members and between various project functional groups.
• Coordinating with Project Controls cost on Estimate to Completion updates within the current forecast schedule. • Evaluate the impact of design or construction changes for associated cost and schedule growth or slippage.
• Review, audit and approve the reported progress percentages based on agreed rules of credit. • Review contractor schedules for accuracy and alignment with the master schedule. Assess project documents, including design sets, to determine project milestones and sequencing. • Review contractor equipment logs and timesheets for efficient utilization.
• Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process, and communicate/suggest corrective actions.
• Assist in compilation and validation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
• Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to Project Controls on the project following the company project stage gate process.
• Manages project controls personnel.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related fields and twelve (5 -12) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least five (5) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
• High School diploma or GED and sixteen (16) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls. Preferred Qualifications:
• Leadership ability and strong management skills
• Strong understanding of Primavera / Microsoft Projects and with overall planning process and best practices on capital mining projects
• Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information