Project Planning Lead
Morrisville, NC 27560 US
- Support the project team and stakeholders on managing schedules for a successful project delivery.
- Maintain the overall milestone program and ensure milestone definitions are written and agreed upon by stakeholders.
- Work directly with schedulers from the various general contractors and design-build teams to reduce schedule risk.
- Coordinate with project team/trades on scope and create detailed/micro schedules to facilitate fast-tracking opportunities.
- Determine reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Evaluate critical and near critical path activity sequences. Coordinate and facilitate review sessions with all stakeholders.
- Monitor and report schedule deliverables.
- Create schedule reports/indicators in accordance with the project execution plan.
- Identify major milestones, critical approvals, and long lead procurement items.
- Assess actual progress based on site inspections and validates various Contractor approaches to measuring and reporting against the schedule.
- Identify schedule gaps, changes and trends that will enhance the team’s ability to control the project.
- Conduct schedule review meetings regularly with the customer/stakeholders.
- Communicate and present schedule status to multiple stakeholders and support negative float resolution.
- Lead interactive planning (IAP) and coordination sessions. Suggest corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.
- Develop a Recovery Schedule if required.
- Resource Load and Level critical schedule phases for realistic timeline analysis.
- Understand the integration points between Construction and CQV.
- Prepare and present a consolidated progress report of the project to Program/Senior Management.
- Provide what-if schedules to the project team as required.
- Capture lessons learned throughout the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying, or related experience.
- Significant experience planning medium to large-sized construction projects.
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry is essential.
- The ability to critique and challenge contractor schedules.
- In-depth knowledge of Primavera P6.
- An understanding of typical construction sequencing and logic for a large pharmaceutical construction project life cycle.
- Must be highly articulate and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong decision-making abilities.
- Experience managing an Integrated Master Schedule is preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.