Project Manager (Facility Condition Assessments)
Chicago, IL 60603 US
Title: Project Manager (Facility Condition Assessments)
Location: Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Facility Condition Assessments
- New Construction Commissioning
- Existing Building Commissioning
- Conduct client facing on-site inspections and building condition assessments using mobile inspection and capital planning software on an iPad.
- Conduct a walk-through survey of the accessible and visible major building systems (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing), structure and foundations, representative interiors, common areas, exterior walls, windows, flat roofs, low-sloped roofs, and pavement.
- Provide photographic documentation of site and building features and document observations.
- Determine and identify system type, condition, remaining useful life and significant physical deficiencies of building components and systems based on visual inspection.
- Obtains areas/measurements and quantities to adequately justify estimated costs to replace or remedy physical deficiencies and to estimate replacement reserve expenditures.
- Conduct interviews with the owner (or their on-site representative), tenants, service providers, local government agencies, and other individuals knowledgeable about the subject property and its systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management preferred. Years of experience and certifications (in lieu of degree) will be given consideration.
- 3+ years of experience in facility condition assessments, commissioning, or a technical consulting field such as property condition assessments, test and balance, facility design, engineering, or related area.
- Ability to independently deliver facility condition assessment, existing building commissioning, and/or new construction commissioning services
- Strong knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, fire protection, and control systems.
- Previous facility condition assessment, commissioning, energy modeling, or other building systems experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong client management abilities.
- Driven individual who is motivated on client outcomes and success. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel approx. 40% travel, local and out-of-state, including some multi-day travel as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and state required vehicle insurance.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information