Thornton, IL 60476 US
- Your role as the Facilities and Engineering Manager centers on steering the plant's capital projects and facilities expenses. You will be tasked with overseeing the plant's physical infrastructure, from site management to facility maintenance. Your responsibilities extend to shepherding capital projects from their inception to execution, and you'll also manage the engineering team when required. Additionally, your role will be instrumental in fostering process enhancements and cost-efficiency initiatives in collaboration with the plant operations team.
- Oversight of the capital project list and budget management.
- Supervision of the facility expense budget.
- Spearheading the development of plant project management processes and mentoring others in this methodology.
- Identifying, planning, executing, and facilitating projects from conceptualization through installation, employing plant personnel and contractors as necessary.
- Ensuring that all activities within your jurisdiction adhere to safety protocols, possess proper permits, and remain compliant with relevant regulations.
- Maintaining comprehensive records of facility and equipment blueprints. Implementing Management of Change protocols in response to project-induced alterations in the plant.
- Offering technical guidance to the plant team and direct reports.
- Collaborating with operational teams to address safety concerns and contribute to their resolution.
- Essential: Possession of a four-year engineering degree, complemented by at least six years of experience in project management.
- A solid understanding of manufacturing, encompassing food processing and a variety of ingredients (dry and wet).
- A history of successful project management, underscored by a commitment to swift execution.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Adept organizational skills, readily applicable to personnel, projects, or data.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and with minimal oversight.
- A strategic communicator, proficient in both written and verbal forms of expression.
- Demonstrated capacity to execute and make informed decisions even under high-pressure circumstances.
- Proficiency with computers, including ERP systems, Microsoft applications, manufacturing systems, and controls.