Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 75000 90000 YEAR true
Manteno, IL 60950 US
2023-05-15 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Project Management Job Number: Js941977512 Compensation: $75000-90000 / year
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Manteno, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- A Project Engineer, or Project Management Engineer, oversees planning and coordinating technical engineering initiatives to make sure they can complete a project within their budget and according to a schedule. Their duties include upholding project standards by researching compliance regulations, developing project implementation plans, and adjusting specifications for elements of a project.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Compares the actual cost of development project to estimates.
- Collaborates with design group to change plans if problems arise.
- Analyzes equipment, systems, processes, and systems to identify modifications to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
- Prepares periodic progress and cost reports for leadership.
- Collaborates with the operations department to identify and troubleshoot problems
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
- Maintains a safe clean working environment, product, and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience as a Project Engineer in the food manufacturing industry, demonstrating progressive responsibility and increasing complexity of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering.
- Proven experience as a Project Engineer in the food manufacturing industry.
- In-depth knowledge of food processing equipment, machinery, and production systems.
- Strong understanding of food safety regulations, quality standards, and compliance requirements (e.g., FDA, HACCP, GMP).
- Proficient in project management methodologies and tools, with a track record of successful project execution.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Solid understanding of process improvement techniques (e.g., Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing) to optimize manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD) and ability to create and interpret engineering drawings.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.