KANKAKEE, IL 60901 US
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Kankakee, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
This position is with the Plant Engineering group. The Project Engineer II will be assigned to Engineering projects working closely with Plant Engineering Manager, Process Engineers, Maintenance & Production Management, site personnel and contractors.
- Developing Solutions and Managing Projects to address needs with production equipment and facility infrastructure.
- Project-related Engineering tasks such as understanding, developing and/or updating PFDs, P&IDs, Equipment & Instrument lists, General Arrangements, review of equipment and instrumentation, functional specifications, etc. as needed.
- Preparation of Capital Requestion Documents, project justification information, tracking action items, recording and distributing meeting notes, updating project documents, project sharepoint /information management systems, OnBase Updates
- Updates and maintenance of Scope documents and processes including Requirements, Work Breakdown Structures, Scope Statements, Change management, etc.
- Budget / Cost activities including updates and maintenance of Commitment Ledger, tracking of Receipts, invoice resolutions, spend forecasting, updating of PFP, contingency spend, etc.
- Schedule activities including updates and maintenance of Milestones, Project Schedule, Critical Path, forecasting, slack time, etc.
- Coordination and assistance with Safety & Regulatory activities such as MOCs, PHAs, Permitting, Construction safety planning, etc.
- Coordination/Oversight of engineering and construction contractors.
- Procurement Management activities such as RFQ/RFP editing, bid walks, bid evaluations and analysis, responding to RFIs, new vendor setup in procurement systems, vendor management, project inventory management, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting of project progress, metrics, performance, standard compliance, etc.
- Working as part of interdepartmental multi-disciplined project teams on larger projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for personal safety and adherence with EHS procedures and promoting EHS adherence with others.
- Identify Improvement Opportunities in existing manufacturing operations, and facility/safety systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical
- 2+ years of experience in engineering & managing projects
- Knowledge of PLC programming
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information