Deerfield, IL 60015 US
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Deerfield, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Provide electrical and instrumentation engineering designs for assigned projects. This may include directing and reviewing the work of outside engineering firms and/or developing in house design and construction packages.
- Provide engineering assistance to ensure compliance with all laws/regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Develop capital and expense budget requirements related to electrical system reliability projects, preventative and predictive maintenance programs, and repairs.
- Prepare project authorization documentation including cost estimates, project justification, schedules and execution plans.
- Manage and support Management of Change (MOC) process for documenting any changes to instrumentation and electrical equipment. Coordinate all documentation changes with the engineering/drafting department.
- Create and maintain process instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), electrical drawings, and instrumentation loop diagrams.
- Provide project start-up and other troubleshooting support for multiple projects.
- Manage on-site contractors to ensure construction activities meet safety goals, budgetary requirements, quality control, and schedules.
- Support Tech Services staff with their efforts to maintain and upgrade the plant’s process control systems.
- Identify training requirements and exercise opportunities to gain knowledge of plant equipment and increase skill level. Maintain an ongoing familiarization with all procedures, equipment, and processes.
- Support site EHS activities through compliance with all environmental, health and safety policies/procedures, and through active participation in EHS programs and initiatives
- BS in Engineering from an ABET-accredited program in electrical engineering.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience related to facility design, operations, and regulations in a chemical processing environment, Management of Change, and Process Hazard Analyses.
- Must be able to enter plant operating sites utilizing ladders and platforms in excess of 20 feet, entering confined spaces, utilizing all required personal protective equipment.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and effective team skills.
- Good general knowledge of PC software applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook and able to utilize an electronic maintenance management software.
- Works in a safe manner that promotes EHS goals of the plant and the company.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills.
- Capable of handling several projects and support activities simultaneously.
- Previous experience in a technical role with vast expertise in instrumentation and electrical system reliability, troubleshooting and design.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”