Bolingbrook, IL 60440 US
Title: Project Engineer
- Provide technical guidance and review of cost estimates to engineering and sales team. Work closely with Sales to help identify customer needs and product requirements.
- Oversee preparation of product drawings and project submittals, ensuring compliance with contract documents and basic engineering principles.
- Plan, organize, communicate, and execute product approval submittals to public and private agencies.
- Develop value engineered solutions and prepare preliminary concepts and designs for proposals. Evaluate and approve design changes.
- Design new products, develop modifications of existing products, and develop test procedures.
- Provide internal and external technical support of product applications and resolution of technical problems. Provide technical training to Sales Team.
- Assist the Marketing and Sales Departments in developing and coordinating marketing plans, new product launches and a consistent external corporate identity.
- Occasional travel throughout North America is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering concentration required. Master’s degree preferred with 5 years of Engineering within the Construction Industry.
- Knowledge of both structural and geotechnical engineering principals.
- Knowledge of ASCE, ASME, ASTM, AISC, ACI and PTI codes and experience in their applications.
- In depth knowledge of Anchored Earth Retention, Foundation Design and Construction or Post Tensioning is an asset.
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, and professional. Analytical and skilled in troubleshooting, identification of customer needs and challenges, market knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD or similar software.
- PE license in any state is preferred or should be able to get in a year.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information