Project Engineer - Refinery
Downers Grove, IL 60154 US
- Adhere to and be active in all site safety programs including following all safety programs and policies in the office and in the field.
- Steward project objectives and related performance standards for all assigned projects including scope development, project cost, project schedule, quality, mechanical performance, safety of design and constructability, environmental, customer satisfaction, and legal/regulatory compliance.
- Become familiar with and follow the stage gated process to initiate, develop, and execute Capital projects. This includes developing and maintaining all project related documents as applicable and appropriate and stewarding the document approval process.
- Work both independently and as part of team to complete projects from start to finish to successfully implement the project and achieve stated objectives. Teams will be comprised of individuals from various other departments such as Process Design, Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Operations, Construction, etc.
- Monitor and report monthly on cost, including cash flow forecasting, and schedule. Responsible for change order management, scope management control, management of outside contract project engineering work, and material quality checks.
- Steward the Management of Change (MOC) process for assigned projects including leading Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews (PSSRs) so new installations can be safely commissioned and started up.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from an accredited University
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Project Engineer; preferably in a Petroleum Refinery however experience in Chemical or Power Industries will be considered.