Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 65.00 HOUR true
Project Engineer (Pharma Manufacturing)
North Chicago, IL 60064 US
2023-02-23 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Project Management Job Number: Jr848471213 Compensation: 65.00
Title: Project Engineer (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing)
Location: North Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Long-term Contract
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Project Engineer Responsible for supporting and implementing capital projects in the manufacturing plant, including front end planning activities. Will complete medium size projects from concept through project completion, across disciplines and locations. Will be responsible for financial management, contractor management, and project oversight for equipment and facility projects.
- Coordinate multiple parties to complete project scopes on schedule and stay within budget.
- Assist with design of new equipment systems from preliminary design, specifications, budgeting, scheduling, and construction management.
- Manage the life-cycle documentation of the equipment including generation and approval of user requirements, equipment and instrument specifications, equipment test plans, and system operating procedures.
- Develop project schedules including setting targets for milestone activities and adhering to deadlines.
- Track progress to ensure the project scope, cost, and schedule are all met.
- Write scope of work documents, award contracts, obtain estimates, select suppliers, and purchase equipment and services.
- Develop documents for FAT, SAT, and qualification activities for equipment.
- Participate in FAT, SAT, startup, commissioning and qualification of equipment.
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Review drawings, supervise contractors, and participate in final project acceptance upon completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence
- 5+ years of engineering or related operational experience.
- Technical background in Pharmaceutical or similar GMP-regulated industry.
- Expertise in equipment design, design specifications, and PFD/P&ID development.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment commissioning and qualification.
- Familiarity with PLC control systems.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information