Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 50.00 HOUR true
Project Controls Specialist
Abbott Park, IL 60064 US
2023-02-27 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Project Management Job Number: Jr37352210 Compensation: 50.00
Title: Project Controls Specialist
Location: North Chicago, Illinois
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Long Term Contract
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Manages, revises, and maintains status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries, construction contracts through start-up activities and closeout.
- Tracks and examines the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts. It also includes forecast of budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis.
- Participates in the development and improvement of project controls systems. Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
- Establishes a project work breakdown structure in line with industry best practices.
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to ensure all cost control requirements are incorporated into all contracts and purchase orders.
- Interacts with other project groups in relation to cost codes, purchase order commitments, change orders and sales tax issues as required and to ensure all accounting and regulatory compliance issues or guidelines are implemented.
- Assists in creating detailed project budgets from estimates and in the development of cash flow projections.
- Works with senior project management staff in managing the overall project cost control efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus 12 years relevant experience.
- AACE membership/certification or RICS qualified is preferred.
- Must have strong cost management, scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations.
- Must be able to use A/E and CM cost and/or schedule information to evaluate project status. Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and/or schedules.
- Working knowledge of industry standard software, including but not limited to SAP, Skire, VersaPro, etc. and ERP, Planning & Scheduling, and cost management applications. Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Projects is preferred.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information