Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 93.98 HOUR true
Project Controls Manager
Phoenix, AZ 85001 US
2023-02-06 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: KO90745226 Compensation: 93.98
Sterling Engineering is looking to hire multiple Project Control Managers to support a project local to AZ! This is a 4 week on position, with all travel paid. It is a long term contract of 4 years.
Location: Safford, AZ - Miami, AZ - Bagdad, AZ - Sierrita, AZ - Morenci, AZ there is also one need in Chino, NM.
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Job Title: Project Controls Manger (Contract)
• Under minimal supervision, provides Project Controls support as well as technical advice and guidance for designated capital projects including but not limited to Project Management, Construction Management, Estimating, Cost Control, Scheduling, Risk Management, and Project/Portfolio Reporting.
• Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations.
• Assist in compilation and validation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
• Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to project controls on the project following the company project stage gate process.
• Manages project controls personnel.
• Review contractor equipment logs and timesheets for efficient utilization.
• Analyzes, evaluates, and forecast status against an established baseline schedule.
• Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process, and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
• Establish Risk Management protocol which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition, determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
• Estimates quantities and cost of materials, equipment, and labor to validate project estimates and change orders through the review of engineering and construction documents.
• Based on design reviews, identify out of scope changes and document quantity variances based on material take offs (MTOs).
• Understands construction methodology and can identify potential issues and impacts to propose corrective actions. • Evaluate the impact of design or construction changes for associated cost and schedule growth or slippage.
• Review, audit and approve the reported progress percentages based on agreed rules of credit.
• Review contractor schedules for accuracy and alignment with the master schedule. Assess project documents, including design sets, to determine project milestones and sequencing.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related fields and twelve (5-12) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least five (5) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
• OR High School diploma or GED and sixteen (16) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information