Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 55000 110000 YEAR true
Project Control Specialist
Willowbrook, IL 60527 US
2023-05-25 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Construction Management Job Number: IT1186771510 Compensation: $55000-110000 / year
Title: Project Control Specialist
Location: Willowbrook, IL
Hourly Rate: $80,000 - 110,000K
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
- Assist the Project Controls Manager in the implementation of project controls guidelines, processes, practices, performance analysis and reporting. Interface with Project Managers to orient, train and coach in project controls processes and tools as part of the implementation of project controls into the organization.
- Build bid schedules from plans and specifications
- Create, review, progress, monitor, analyze and resolve construction schedules with Project Managers and Field Supervisors; and develop work breakdown structures
- Establish critical path method, and review cost/resource loading and schedule items
- Review critical path, cost loading, schedule content
- Outline relationships, logic, deadlines, potential obstacles, and milestones for project schedules
- Monitor progress and costs on specific, assigned projects and provide timely and accurate reporting.
- Update schedules to reflect actual progress and delays or other impacts, updating actual starts, finishes and remaining durations, actual labor hours and associated costs.
- Analyze updated schedule for earned value schedule metrics and report to management.
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of scheduling experience in a construction environment
- Basic working knowledge of construction processes and the Project Control field
- Some construction field experience helpful and ability to read construction drawings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Primavera software (especially P6). Prefer working knowledge of PENTA accounting software also
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; able to proactively conceive and develop new and innovative ideas and/or solutions, and forecast possible outcomes
- Navigates well in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.