Project - CAD Manager
Columbia, MD 20588 US
- Creating a preliminary and sketches of proposed drawing, utilizing CAD programs
- Modifying drawings as directed by client.
- Traffic control plans and/or permit drawings
- Plans and profiles
- Perform short circuit and voltage drop calculations.
- Develop Bills of Materials and estimates.
- Prepare, review, and approve proposals, contracts, or cost estimates.
- Negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Analyze and design priority feeds.
- Plan modifications to the system.
- Perform all QA duties and review all drawing before being submitted to client.
- Develop work packages to troubleshoot, repair, replace or modify 2D and 3D CAD files.
- Mentor and train younger engineers and develop more staff.
- This position requires an Associate’s Degree in Drafting, and/or a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Technology, and/or a high school diploma.
- 7 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience.
- 3 or more years leading and guiding a team of drafters and Sr. drafters.
- Experience preparing and proposing bids.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Ability to visualize systems without the aid of the computer.
- Knowledgeable in applicable codes, standards, and distribution software programs.
- Knowledge of the utilities sector preferred