Production Supervisor_2nd shift
Manteno, IL 60950 US
Title: Production Manager- 2nd Shift
Location: Manteno, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The Production Manager position is responsible for all activities related to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale associated with multiple lines within a single Factory on a single shift. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and typically has 1 Leader per line reporting to them, along with up to 100 operators and general laborers.
- Be a Safety role model for the Operations Team with a Safety-First mindset and lead with a relentless drive to eliminate risk in every aspect of the operation. This leadership should be visible by demonstration in action and not merely in word.
- Lead as a Champion of Quality ensuring that the principles of Quality Assurance are never compromised by other priorities. This includes being an active participant to prepare and participate in any Quality audits including, but not limited to SQF, USDA, FDA, Organic, or customer audits.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Manager to develop and execute an operations strategy that will meet or exceed business goals. This includes leading the development of a weekly plan to improve line performance and/or close gaps in performance through focused activities.
- Own the auditing of line costs. Develop and execute a plan to bring spending inside budget ranges.
- Provide effective leadership coordination and communication to ensure alignment of employees across multiple shift operations.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis of chronic issues and assign responsibility for corrective actions.
- Identifies and leads projects to deliver specific improvements to key company metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or like industry, or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or like industry.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including a willingness to listen to others and include others’ ideas in their plan, an eagerness to learn, grow, and take on new challenges, and is self-aware and knows how their actions impact others around them.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Engineering process controls including Statistical Process Controls and line integration techniques.
- Experience in tracking and reporting Factory metrics, budgets, and estimates.
- Experience facilitating projects/programs in a team environment while providing team leadership.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information