Mayfield, KY 42066 US
- Supervises daily production manufacturing of products
- Sets up production schedule and assigns employee daily work schedules
- Verifies allocated materials and tools are available for production
- Works with line leads to set up proper and safe procedures for work being performed
- Produces work orders for tasks to be completed
- Issues corrective guidance and/or disciplinary actions when warranted/needed
- Maintains team files for employee safety certifications, performance reviews, and disciplinary documentation
- Compiles weekly Open Orders reports
- Performs ABBS Audits, 5S Audits, RCCA, CAPA, and coordinates manpower and safety meetings to ensure compliance
- Performs all aspects of KRONOS timekeeping duties, such as vacation, PTO, scheduled hours worked and overtime approval
- Determines overtime needs, determines priorities when resources are limited
- Participates in daily warehouse work activities, which include pulling parts, packing parts, coordinating shipments, etc.
- Some college/associates degree preferred, but not required; may be offset by experience
- Requires a thorough knowledge of production shop floor, including machine shop operations, equipment, and processes, plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives
- 3-5+ years of experience working as a lead in a machine tool environment; supervisory or management experience in warehousing and/or manufacturing environment
- Supervisor and/or Manager training; ability to work together in a team environment; ability to manage a diverse workforce; understanding of how to adjust build schedules and flex personnel as needed throughout the business day; understanding of HR policies and how to apply them in certain situations
- Ability to read precision instruments and gauges; ability to work from blueprints and technical drawings
- Basic computer knowledge and skills to understand systematic work
Meet Your Recruiter
Amy Badal is a seasoned Senior Recruiter passionate about connecting with individuals across diverse industries and various career stages. With an impressive 7-year tenure at Sterling, Amy has become an invaluable asset to the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Amy's journey in recruiting spans over 11 years, during which she has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. Her fascination with working alongside people from different backgrounds and professional levels has driven her successful career.
As a Senior Recruiter, Amy thrives on collaborating with candidates and hiring partners in the railroad industry. She relishes the chance to contribute to their career growth and the overall success of the organizations she serves. Amy's ability to understand each individual's unique needs and aspirations allows her to make insightful and tailored placements that benefit both parties.
One of Amy's most valuable pieces of advice is never to burn bridges and always maintain high professionalism throughout the hiring process.