Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 75000 80000 YEAR true
Bartlett, IL 60103 US
2023-05-01 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Production Management Job Number: Js802909425 Compensation: $75000-80000 / year
Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Bartlett, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- We are seeking a Production Supervisor to oversee our team of production employees in a food manufacturing environment. The role involves planning and assigning work, implementing policies and procedures, and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions. As the Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the production process while maintaining a safe and compliant working environment.
- Manage, develop, and motivate direct reports.
- Ensure effective employee relations by resolving employee issues through problem resolution, providing employee coaching, and administering performance contacts when needed.
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety rules and regulations and all appropriate Health & Safety programs/policies.
- Ensure the product's quality meets specifications and adheres to the quality systems, processes, and procedures.
- Lead the department/shift through staff management to ensure the smooth running of the production process.
- Balance quality, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results and continuously improve in all areas.
- Develop a solid understanding of ingredients, products, processes, and equipment.
- Ensure employees use problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to identify root causes and take fast, effective action to resolve production problems.
- Work closely with other Shift Supervisors to ensure effective communication during production handovers.
- Monitor, measure, and report on production-related performance.
- Track time and attendance using ADP software and administer performance contacts as required by policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university, or four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Minimum three years as a supervisor of a department with at least ten employees required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.