Production Supervisor | Day Shift
Hammond, IN 46320 US
- We are seeking a dedicated Production Supervisor to join our team and play a crucial role in managing our manufacturing operations. As a trusted guide to plant management, you will provide valuable expertise and support in all production-related matters. Acting as a liaison for the management team, your primary responsibility will be to drive the execution of production plans for a shift comprising approximately 25-30 union workforce personnel. Your role will encompass teaching and enabling the team to perform their duties in compliance with the written regulatory programs governing the 24x7 operation of our site.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrate effective mechanical skills and possess detailed knowledge of the end-to-end manufacturing processes relevant to your role.
- Safety: Implement appropriate safety and environmental procedures for the entire team, ensuring a safe working environment for all personnel, processes, materials, products, and equipment.
- Environmental Considerations: Minimize waste, reduce costs, and mitigate any negative impact on health, safety, and the environment.
- Leadership: Foster the development of a highly effective team through the establishment of a positive team climate, authentic leadership, and clear communication.
- Facilitation, Coaching, Discipline: Utilize World Class Manufacturing (WCM) improvement tools to facilitate technical enhancements and coach operators and teams to improve overall team performance.
- Decision Making: Make governance decisions for the team and resolve any unresolved team issues.
- Continuous Improvement: Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and Zero Loss principles to eliminate losses and drive continuous improvement.
- Problem Solving: Identify, prioritize, and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Quality: Apply core knowledge of quality skills such as measurement, prioritization, improvement, assessment, and certification to uphold quality standards in the factory operation.
- Management: Coordinate business resources, apply risk management processes, prioritize tasks effectively, and influence change while resolving conflicts.
- Administration: Ensure timely and accurate administration for a cluster of teams, including shift rosters, pay, performance, training, and safety. Liaise with Sourcing Unit leads to ensure policy compliance.
- Planning and Organizing: Prepare work plans within resource constraints, review implementation, and drive continuous improvement.
- Business Awareness: Understand the business needs for change and innovation.
- A 4-year degree in an Engineering discipline and/or a strong technical background, coupled with 3-5 years of experience in managing teams (military or prior work experience).
- Your focus, leadership, and collaborative nature will be crucial to your success in this role. Adaptability to change and clear, effective communication across all levels of the organization are essential.
- You must have experience in managing people, guiding them, and holding them accountable while fostering a culture of continuous improvement in manufacturing practices.
- Leading improvement projects for operational processes requires a strong understanding of the end-to-end manufacturing process, including chemical and electro-mechanical processes and controls. You should be capable of interpreting technical diagnostics, identifying key issues, and assessing process risks.
- As a 24x7 operation, you must be willing to work on a shift rotation that includes weekends, nights, afternoons, and holidays. Flexibility and agility in meeting leadership duties and attending training are expected.
- Must be able to work on a rotational shift schedule, such as the Pitman schedule: a 2-3-2 pattern with 12-hour shifts.