Wood Dale, IL 60191 US
Title: Production Manager
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
- Provide direction, facilitation, and support for the daily execution of production
- Provide leadership and coordination within the Production areas.
- Oversight of production planning and scheduling.
- Disciplined operation of all equipment and processes consistent with standard operating procedures and standard operating conditions.
- Promote culture of continuous improvement and effective problem solving.
- Challenge status quo by developing and recommending modifications to existing processes and methodologies with a constant focus on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Provide written and oral reports as required.
- Provide individual feedback to technicians and supervisors along with appropriate communications with all production teams.
- Resolve personnel issues by analyzing data, investigating, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Prepare plans and schedules to ensure effective resource management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in plant efficiency, material utilization and maintenance procedures.
- Provide leadership in the development of strategies to ensure proper resource utilization for efficient equipment operation, consistency of applications, and long term viability of manufacturing process.
- Investigate manufacturing process problems, perform root cause analysis, and develop plans to correct and prevent future occurrences.
- Identify and track performance indicators and make changes for improvement.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and oversee the on-going development of the Production and Plant Engineering department staff.
- Participate in employee performance management (goal setting, performance expectations and standards, performance reviews, on-going feedback, pro-active coaching, development planning, and corrective action); develop and maintain a sustainable system for the training, evaluation, and development of production and engineering staff.
- Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the production and plant engineering departments; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all department staff and employees.
- Experience working in a job shop environment or similar Manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts and methods such as bills of material, product costing, machine and tooling design and CAD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information