Crystal Lake, IL 60014 US
Job Summary: We are seeking a Production Engineer to join our team responsible for the review and conversion of engineering design drawings into detailed piece part drawings for manufacturability and bills of material. This position requires working within a team environment with other areas such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Pay Range: $70-$80k based on experience
- Create detailed piece part CAD drawings
- Create drawing files for numerical controlled shop machinery
- Order entry of bills of material
- Design review of part fit and functions
- Assignment of part routings
- Update design engineering drawings to as built
- Develop and improve “manufacturing engineering skills” to consistently make decisions based on manufacturability considerations, efficiency, and economy
- Develop and grow an understanding of Vibratory Process equipment and its key manufacturing requirements
- Develop and grow an understanding of insource and outsource capabilities and outsource partners
- Effectively utilize available technology to enhance productivity
- Consistently improve knowledge, speed and accuracy in job performance and in the use of Inventor, Vault, Syteline, CADTalk, and AutoPOL.
- CNC programming of production manufacturing equipment.
- Fully support the Company’s ISO objectives, policies, procedures,
- BS in Industrial Technology.
- One (1) to three (3) years CAD drafting/Modeling work experience or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computer-aided design systems, preferably AutoCAD and Inventor
- Working knowledge of structural steel and plate fabrication and shop equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- To understand basic business concepts and the ability to respond to customer requests.
- The willingness to work from existing policies and procedures and the ability to build technical knowledge.
- The ability to resolve routine problems by identifying and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information.
- The ability to take ownership and show support for work-related initiatives.
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Requires working in a seated position for the majority of working time. Also may require intermittent walking, standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and stooping.
- Requires the ability to lift 5 pounds regularly with occasional lifting to upwards of 20 pounds.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications listed above, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we are an equal opportunity employer.