Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 130000 YEAR true
University Park, IL 60484 US
2023-03-15 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Other Professional Job Number: Na623531031 Compensation: 130000
About The Company:
Sterling Engineering has partnered with a large manufacturer of electric actuators. Due to extensive growth they are looking to bring on a Product Manager to join their team. This company is in the middle of exciting change, in which they want to bring in people that are going to help the organization grow, while developing professionally as well.
- Analyze returns, win/loss sales, and quoting data relating to the product line to identify opportunities for product offering optimization.
- Support development and implementation of the long-term product strategy and roadmap for specific product ranges, including coordinating roadmaps with the global Industrial Automation team.
- Collaborate with engineering on new product development initiatives (including value engineering & value analysis, VAVE) through research and creation of project proposals and participating in engineering reviews and teardowns to identify requirements to address market needs.
- Provide product and application support and training to both internal and external customers and individuals.
- Analyze and establish relationships with potential technology partners.
- Monitor and report on competitor product portfolios including products, features, and technology.
- Help ensure that the support for the product is in place at the time the product is released and monitor the support to ensure that it remains consistent with the objectives of the business plan.
- Support Product Marketing Managers, engineering, manufacturing, and site operational teams on product introduction, launch schedule, and market exploitation to ensure maximum penetration of market segment and accomplishment of financial goals and optimum allocation of resources.
What is Needed?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Marketing, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years previous sales, engineering or marketing experience. 5+ years of Product Management experience preferred.
- Domain expertise in pneumatic, electric, or motion control components. 5+ years of experience preferred.
- Understanding and exposure to operations, engineering, distribution and supply chain
- Proven track record in a metrics focused environment including weekly and monthly quarterly reporting and analysis.
- Strong ability to engage with people from all departments at all organizational levels
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, able to make fact-based decisions; able to consolidate and analyze enterprise and market trends/issues and integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies.