Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 80000 YEAR true
Product Engineer II - Creo
Bolingbrook, IL 60440 US
2022-05-09 2023-05-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Number: Na73268556 Compensation: 80000
Title: Product Engineer II - Creo
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Interfaces with customers in application of the products to review needs, limitations, and specifications; develops accurate production engineering drawings and layouts.
- Manages Cable Accessories Production Engineering projects from quotation through shipment utilizing advanced modeling tools and engineering principles, including computer generated models/concepts as well as physical prototypes.
- Evaluates and selects materials for application in cable accessories. Interfaces with Purchasing and vendors.
- Tools/process standards used: CAD software (Creo and Windchill); software packages (Integrated and COMSOL); mathematical modeling of physical systems; and FEA analysis.
- Provides training & technical support to external customers, 3rd party installers, and internal departments including Manufacturing, Sales and AMS (Aftermarket Support). Will troubleshoot G&W products installed at customer sites, providing all necessary technical support & expertise
- Prepares and maintains project documentation, maps and CAD drawing for production and application of Cable Accessories products.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics.
- 5+ years of experience as engineer working on electrical and mechanical calculations and analysis of high voltage (HV) electrical equipment, HV underground cables and cable accessories.
- Any level of experience in:
- creating drawings and mechanical designs using CAD software (Creo, Pro-E and AutoCAD); finite element analysis (FEA) using software packages (Integrated and COMSOL)
- leading engineering and development projects
- reading and interpreting documents such as technical specifications, professional documentation and blueprints
- creating reports
- preparing presentations and product documentation
- communicating effectively with vendors, customers and internal staff.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information