Product Development Engineer
Delavan, WI 53115 US
- Design and develop new products utilizing advanced modeling tools and engineering principles
- Utilize CAD (Computer Aided Design), CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings with higher standards.
- Document/ analyze design feasibility studies, tolerances, FEA (finite elemental analysis), CFD (computational fluid dynamics) reports to ensure product meets requirements.
- Apply engineering analysis to make data-driven design decisions. Develop and review design prototypes, perform tests, and finalize product design to facilitate production.
- Analyze new materials, technologies, and processes to evaluate functionalities for all new product development or improvement of existing products.
- Comply with Design Control and Stage-Gate processes while designing prototypes and products.
- Design and verify product to comply with the guidelines by hygiene and sanitation regulatory bodies (i.e., EHEDG, 3A).
- Prepare and approve product design and test plans, review designs, and recommend adequate changes to the approved models before the actual rollout of new product.
- Perform other product development related duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Prepare comprehensive project plans with technical objectives and detailed cost estimates.
- Analyze product cost and prepare schedule plans for effective implementation of programs.
- Track progress of assigned projects to report to major stakeholders.
- Document records for all project proposal and associated activities.
- Research competitor’s performance bench-markings and study current advancements in the industry
- 5-10 years of design experience or 4-8 years with master’s degree
- Experience with CAD, Preferred CAD/PDM system is Inventor/Autodesk Vault.
- Experience or exposure to FEA, CFD and Heat Transfer analysis tools (ANSYS, FLUENT, etc.)
- NPD New Product Design experience.
- Experience working in a precision machining environment.
- Experience designing pumps or rotary equipment.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience working in the food and beverage industry (Sanitary applications)
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”