Lincolnshire, IL 60069 US
Title: Process Engineer
Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
The Process Engineer is responsible for the development and launch of new processes for manufacturing. Additionally, the process engineer is responsible for improving existing processes, training of new operators as needed, and developing cost saving projects by deploying novel processing improvements. Process engineers provide technical assistance and support to the manufacturing department as needed.
· Participates in related molding, inspection, characterization. and other manufacturing processes and generates all process documentation including work instructions, SOP’s, control plans, and PFMEA’s.
· Participates in validation protocol development and running of experimental tests for First Article samples and validation runs
· Communicates status with the engineering, quality, and sales team members to ensure project deadlines are met
· Identifies areas for improvement in equipment and processes, and works with the engineering team to implement solutions
· Trains manufacturing operators related to material, molding tools, and equipment for new and existing processes
· Troubleshoots existing process and implements improvement initiatives via cost savings projects, CAPA implementation, or lean/Six Sigma projects
· Cooperation and professional conduct with coworkers, staff, and managers.
· Meet our standards for quality and productivity.
· Follow all procedures for cleanroom operation, cleanroom attire, and contamination control.
· Follow all of our procedures for traceability, line clearance, process control, safety, and housekeeping.
· Bachelor of science from a four year college or university in an engineering or science related field, and
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information