Libertyville, IL 60048 US
- Address component-level issues and rectify production processes
- Research and propose capital equipment as needed.
- Conduct analysis and generate relevant reports/metrics.
- Support production to meet schedule requirements.
- Perform detailed experimental testing as necessary.
- Develop and sustain process documentation.
- Create Poke-Yoke assembly and test fixtures.
- Maintain the lab and equipment according to 5S standards.
- Develop, monitor, and troubleshoot programs for the following equipment:
- Fully automated wire processing systems
- Programmable stripping and crimping stations
- Programmable continuity/shorts test equipment
- Twisted wire pair equipment
- Quality validation of wire harness assemblies using pull force device, crimp height measurement, and adherence to customer documentation requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics or similar field of study; or comparable work experience
- 7-10 years experience with wire harness production equipment and processes
- Strong computer skills
- Technical writing experience
- Capable of reading and interpreting custom wire harness documentation
- Reverse engineering experience
- Familiar with WHMA-A-620D standards for manufacturing wiring harnesses
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”