Chicago, IL 60626 US
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Development of technical expertise in coating systems, paint application, corrosion protection, electroplating, chemical processes, cleaning, vacuum brazing, vacuum systems.
- Unit operations and support system assessment-implementation.
- Ability to take ownership and work independently within a collaborative setting, work with customers to resolve technical issues, identify root cause, continually improve under the umbrella of safety, quality, delivery, cost.
- Ability to prepare calculation, P&IDs, specifications, functional descriptions, equipment schedules, physicals/isometrics, and interpret wiring diagrams/controls.
- Process controls, automation, material handling system assignments.
- Familiarity and experience with commissioning above systems, startup, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of related industry codes and standards – ACS, AIChE, ASME, ASTM, IEEE, NFPA, OSHA, UL, Chicago Code.
- Budget & cost estimating experience for specific design packages, scheduling, procurement.
- Performing field survey work necessary to validate layouts/plans prior to, during and after construction and/or rearrangement, transcribe existing building plans into CAD based drawings.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information