Addison, IL 60101 US
- The Injection Molding Process Engineer plays a pivotal role in enhancing existing products and operations while ensuring that manufacturing processes meet operational standards. This position involves evaluating equipment, testing process effectiveness, and developing new processes to enhance manufacturing efficiency and safety.
- The development and maintenance of injection molding guidelines and procedures across all three molding facilities.
- Optimization of injection molding processes, both offline and online, to maximize efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Collaboration with planning and design teams to ensure efficient production methods and production feasibility, particularly regarding product design and tooling.
- Development, communication, and implementation of manufacturing process strategies aimed at consistently producing defect-free products meeting customer requirements.
- Effective communication with the tool room to ensure seamless operations.
- Assistance in launching new products.
- Establishment of injection molding process procedures for new and existing equipment, along with the analysis and troubleshooting of process issues.
- Conducting root cause investigations.
- Cultivation of strong working relationships with all departments.
- Development of feasible, safe, and efficient molding processes.
- Responsibility for pilot runs and process verification before production.
- Providing support to production areas for troubleshooting and other needs.
- Reviewing and recommending engineering change requests to address technical issues.
- Ensuring that safety remains a top priority in all engineering-led activities.
- Fulfillment of any additional duties as assigned by management.
- 3-5 years of experience in injection molding processing.
- Proficiency in working within a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Willingness to travel domestically.
- A total of 3+ years of experience in an engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
- Previous project management experience.
- Beneficial, but not required: Solidworks and CAD experience.