Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 55000 90000 YEAR true
Process Engineer - Metallurgy
Elgin, IL 60123 US
2023-04-20 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Manufacturing / Process Engineering Job Number: NA4319887331 Compensation: $55000-90000 / year
Title: Process Engineer - Metallurgy
Location: Elgin, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Establish and maintain manufacturing standard processes and make controlled changes when required.
- Review router instructions to ensure all requirements are met and instructions are clearly communicated.
- Review customer inquiries to determine plant’s ability to process product according to the capabilities.
- Provide technical and metallurgical support to external customers and internal team.
- Review industry and customer specifications and comment on, or take exception to, requirements according to plant’s capabilities.
- Disposition Nonconforming material and investigate causes of failures. Make any necessary changes to standard processes or procedures to prevent recurrences.
- Provide processing support to the shop floor to produce material according to customer and industry standards and requirements.
- Assist in preparation and/or review of processes and procedures to ensure the material produced meets customer requirements.
- Proven ability to work independently, be a self-starter, problem solver and self-directed.
- Knowledge of thermal processing, cold working, and processing of metals.
- Limited travel both domestically and internationally may be required
- Candidate must possess strong technical and leadership skills, strong attention to detail, and handle a large volume of small projects. Candidate must work in close cooperation with department supervisors, maintenance, and manufacturing personnel to ensure proper operation of equipment to obtain the desired production, safety, and quality levels. Candidate must possess excellent problem-solving skills and proficiency in Root Cause Analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Metallurgical Engineering, Material Engineering/Science, or closely related discipline.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.