Process Engineer - Merced, California
Merced, CA 95348 US
Sterling Engineering has partnered with a large manufacturer of food packaging on bringing in a Process Engineer to join their growing team. This will be a great opportunity for a well rounded engineering specialist to take part in a cross functional role. The company is known for exceptional culture, and plentiful growth opportunities.
- Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical equipment and process issues equipment operation issues which may be related to electrical design or programming using Failure Analysis and Root Cause Analysis using Six Sigma tools.
- Designing jigs, fixtures, and other production devices and/or equipment and implementing and/or managing the implementation of said items.
- Experience in design, budgeting, CAD, FEA and/or CFD analysis, procedure development, PJHA, safety review, hands-on fabrication, fabrication supervision/oversight, QA / QC, verification, commissioning, testing, data analysis, etc.
- Apply SPC and DOE methods to data collection and analysis to improve quality, process performance and resolve manufacturing problems on the shop floor.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in manufacturing industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with using Project Management software is preferred.
- Solidworks and PDM, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical plus, Minitab or related software experience is desired.
- Experience in panel design and controls system engineering is strongly preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Erik Butzen is a skilled and compassionate Senior Recruiter passionate about empowering individuals to advance in their careers. With two years of dedicated service at Sterling, Erik has already significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Having honed his expertise over five years in the field of recruiting, Erik possesses a deep understanding of the industry's intricacies. His journey began with the desire to assist individuals in finding opportunities that would propel their professional growth forward.
As a Senior Recruiter, Erik takes great pride in his ability to help people make meaningful advancements in their careers. Whether it's guiding a candidate through the interview process, providing valuable insights into the job market, or matching the right talent with the perfect role, Erik is committed to positively impacting the lives of those he interacts with.
One of Erik's most valuable pieces of advice to both hiring managers and fellow recruiters is to ask a lot of questions. Understanding the needs and expectations of both candidates and employers is essential to finding the best fit for both parties.