Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 75000 105000 YEAR true
Process Engineer - Blown Film
Chilhowie, VA 24319 US
2023-03-27 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Manufacturing / Process Engineering Job Number: It148750324 Compensation: $75000-105000 / year
Title: Process Engineer - Blow Film
Location: Chilhowie, VA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
The Process Engineer provides analytical skills, technical project management, and process support for various Production Areas including Injection Molding and Film. The five areas of focus for this position are (1) Production Support, (2) Experimentation (DOE, Green/Black Belt projects), (3) Production equipment ramp-up after installation, (4) Operating specifications development and revision, and (5) Trial Support/Product & Process Development. The Technical Manager fulfills the responsibilities of this role when vacant.
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to production using Failure Analysis and Root Cause Analysis using Six Sigma tools.
- Apply SPC and DOE methods to data collection and analysis to improve quality, process performance and resolve manufacturing problems on the shop floor.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams that enhance improvement initiatives, capital planning, project implementation, process improvement, and product development.
- Initiate, direct, and support projects to implement innovative equipment, processes, and methods that enhance efficiency, improve safety, and increase profitability.
- Interface daily with members of various departments, which may include other Production Value Streams, Internal and External Customers, Quality, Safety, Maintenance, Corporate Product Development and Human Resources.
- Interface with Training and assist in defining training needs including development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for current and new equipment / processes.
- Report on projects and activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Engage actively in meetings and planning activities with Production departments.
- Responsible for compliance with all company and 3rd party regulatory policies, procedures, and programs including but not limited to Safety, SQF & STOP Programs.
- Utilize LEAN tools and methodologies in daily business practices.
- Analyze production and employee reports for opportunities to improve performance.
- Responsible to participate as appropriate within LEAN and Six Sigma Projects.
- Contact sister plants to stay current with new processes and equipment and interact with process engineers.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in manufacturing industry preferred.
- Knowledge / Expertise in Injection Molding and Film preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with using Project Management software is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Auto CAD, Minitab, solid works or related software is desired.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.