Principal Mechanical Engineer
Lake Bluff, IL 60044 US
Location: Lake Bluff, IL (Abbott Park)
- Identifies, plans, and conducts medium-to-large sized projects within an engineering specialty requiring custom, risk-managed execution plans, investigations, and/or equipment.
- Manages multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines.
- Maintains project controls and reporting for cost, scope and schedule; develops execution strategy including procurement; balances multiple demands within an Understands the business needs of the company, and has a thorough knowledge of the customer and clinical needs when developing a project scope.
- Work cross functionally with other departments to establish scope, priorities, and schedules on multiple projects.
- Independently performs economic analysis and feasibility studies related to complex and often multiple competing project alternatives. Responsible for achieving the project's financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Independently executes (or directs others regarding) the design of products/processes/equipment/systems/facilities by applying novel engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the disciplines.
- Designs and leads complex experiments, often with multiple variables, gathers data, and performs detailed analysis. Assesses relevance. Conceptualizes complete solutions. Creates or coordinates the design solutions for novel or complex problems; integrates regulatory and operational needs; assesses cost benefit. Explores multiple alternatives. Structures studies and integrates cross-disciplinary and cross-functional issues to arrive at optimal cause of action.
- Interacts with both senior management and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Functions as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Participates in internal teams to develop and align procedures and standards.
- May influence validation strategy.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline.
- A valid Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is required.
- 8+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience in facilities engineering.
- Has a career history marked by a consistent series of technical contributions and accomplishments.
- Possess a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors.
- A technical background in healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics, or a similar industry is preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.