Principal Engineer / Electrical Engineer
Annapolis, MD 21401 US
Sterling Engineering has an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Engineer! This position is 100% in office local to Annapolis, MD. This role is a contract to hire, offering full benefits!
• Leads engineering related activities on one or more projects.
• Coordinate assigned activities with other job families.
• Manage the development and implementation of family related goals, objectives, and policies.
• Work with the Human Resources Coordinator to hire new engineering talent and conduct performance reviews with existing employees.
• Manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for each assigned service area.
• Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures; and guide less senior engineer towards licensure.
• Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the department budget; approve the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; approve expenditures and implements budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
• Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of relevant engineering disciplines and maintenance.
• Participate in the development and execution of business development programs and initiatives.
• Ensure engineering team follows Company standards and procedures.
• Provide information, suggestions, advice and technical assistance to city, county and district officials and programs by answering questions, interpreting applicable laws and regulations and other entities to resolve problems.
• Direct and supervise other engineer's activities.
• Although not the primary responsibility of this position, when needed, a Principal Engineer has the ability to perform the responsibilities identified in the Engineer III job description.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Work Environment
• Duties are performed in office and field settings.
• Office work may include prolonged seated tasks, extended keyboarding, and use of computer screen.
• Field settings may include work outdoors and on construction sites during all weather conditions. • May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
• Flexibility is desired with the ability to work in either our New England or South West office regions – specific locations discussed in interview.
• Position may require travel (up to 50%); valid driver’s license and acceptable DMV record required.
• The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, use hands, reach, talk and hear.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position Descriptions Successful projects start with the Cornerstone 24 Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrate the ability to perform all key qualifications of an Engineer III.
• Consistently demonstrates high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity.
• Expert knowledge of engineering principles and practices and the ability to apply them
• The ability to balance multiple tasks, along with strong communication skills is essential.
• The ability to make decisions and find alternative solutions to problems.
• Capacity to conduct and participate in meetings with senior management.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering and substantial professional development required.
• Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
• Twenty or more years of progressive engineering experience.
• Licensed Professional Engineer.
• Meaningful operations or construction experience required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alysia Deniziak is a veteran Technical Recruiter specializing in the Utilities Division. With an impressive 6-year career in the recruitment field, Alysia is dedicated to helping individuals discover their dream careers.
In her role as a Technical Recruiter, Alysia's expertise in the Utilities Division allows her to skillfully connect candidates with roles that align perfectly with their aspirations and skills. Her commitment to understanding each candidate's unique journey positions her as a trusted partner in their professional endeavors.
For Alysia, the greatest satisfaction in recruiting comes from helping someone unearth their dream career. She takes immense pride in guiding individuals toward roles that match their qualifications and resonate with their passions and ambitions.
Alysia's advice to job seekers is grounded in authenticity and honesty. She understands that interviews can be nerve-wracking, but she encourages candidates always to be themselves. Alysia firmly believes that being genuine and honest during interviews is key to building authentic connections with potential employers.