Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 51.50 HOUR true
Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Principal Compliance Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL 60061 US
2023-03-15 2023-05-01 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Electrical Engineering Job Number: Jt362609315 Compensation: 51.50
Title: Principal Compliance Engineer
Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Hire Type: CONTRACT-TO-HIRE> $48-$53 per hour depending on experience.
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Under limited supervision, responsible for obtaining product safety and regulatory approvals for consumer, industrial and/or professional products. Provide guidance for Regulatory Liaison staff regarding new product approval schemes, application methods and new/revised Standards. Familiar with Division operating procedures and policies, and provides guidance for efficient product approval procedures. Subject matter expert on the standards and products involved in product safety certifications.
- Review, prepare and modify documentation to capture required safety related aspects of the product, and submit application documents for appropriate product safety/regulatory agency approvals.
- Negotiate with Project Handlers for efficient process for certification.
- Review and prepare test samples and parts required for product evaluations.
- Follow up on the progress of ongoing projects to ensure their completion meets production schedule or requested Authorization Date; update clients and related parties on the status.
- Provide guidance and training for design/marketing engineers and Regulatory Liaison staff to facilitate understanding for applicable Product Safety/Regulatory Standards related to their products.
- Design and implement the necessary tests to obtain required data for UL requirements.
- Follow the progress of proposed North American and International product approval Standards and application methods; inform Regulatory Liaison staff and consult with related design/manufacturing departments to ensure future and ongoing compliance.
- Provide concise explanations regarding the impact of revised or new Product Safety/Regulatory Standards and approval methods, as they relate to present products, and future development.
- Manage good customer relationships with supported design and marketing teams
- Provide consulting expertise to the standards technical panel for standards applied to products used in the U.S.
- Provide consulting in the direction of the development teams on future product reviews.
- Maintain organized, updated correspondence files related to all projects and assignments.
- Attend meetings with other industry groups as a representative; providing input on Product Standard revisions and proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years’ experience handling consumer and/or industrial product safety and regulatory approvals.
- 4 year EE Degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of North American and International Product Safety and Regulatory Standards, and their interpretation.
- Capability of operating electronic equipment/instruments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read electrical schematic designs and mechanical construction drawings.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.