Power Electronics Engineer
Aurora, IL 60542 US
Sterling Engineering has been working with a large research laboratory near North Aurora on bringing on a Electrical Staff Engineer to join their growing team. This company has been going through a heavy growth period.
Under the General Direction of More Experienced Engineer, You Will:
- Design, develop and commission new pulsed power supplies and work closely with experienced engineers and technicians to make upgrades to existing pulsed systems.
- Prepare and test high-voltage components and control electronics for operation.
- Perform operational, hands-on support activities on high power system electronics, including analog sampling and regulation, digital status and control, system timing and triggering, and component interlocks.
- Write specifications and test procedures for high-voltage and high-current components and equipment, including capacitor-charging power supplies, transformers, power-switching devices and coaxial cables.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation including mechanical and electrical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, etc.
- Abide and be responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
We Are Looking For an Engineer With:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or related field from an ABET accredited institution and at least 4 years of power electronics professional experience OR a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution and 2 years of power electronics professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and ideas.
- Knowledge and experience in the fundamentals of circuit theory; some knowledge of electromagnetic components a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with an analog circuit simulation program; LTSpice or PSpice experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer aided drafting tools; AutoCAD or Altium schematic capture experience a plus